Saturday, March 24, 2007

Mido braced for Spurs exit


By Mark Buckingham

Mido admits he may have to leave Tottenham Hotspur in the summer in search of regular first-team football.

The Egyptian striker joined Spurs on a permanent deal last August after spending the previous 18 months on loan from Roma.

However, Mido has started just six Premiership games and his only league goal proved to be the winner against West Ham United back in October.

Dimitar Berbatov's impressive form has kept Mido on the fringes, with the forward feeling injuries have also played a part in his inability to make an impact.

"I was unfortunate with the injuries I had," Mido told Dream TV.

"Every time I play and put in a good display an injury strikes me to halt my progress with Spurs.

"The form of Berbatov has also been impressive and that's another reason for my limited appearances."

Mido was close to joining Manchester City during January's transfer window and he claims Stuart Pearce remains interested.

Celta Vigo, where the burly striker spent time on loan in 2003, are also in the hunt, along with Dutch champions PSV Eindhoven.

He added: "I will sit down with Martin Jol at the end of the season to discuss all possibilities.

"I'm not that sort of player who wants to just receive money no matter if he is playing or not, I'm keen on participating on a regular basis.

"I have two good offers from Manchester City and Celta Vigo. PSV Eindhoven coach Ronald Koeman phoned me and expressed his interest as well."


skysports.com

Labels:


Tottenham Hotspur Fan Club Gallery


Tottenham Hotspur Wallpaper




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Edit by Google News