Thursday, March 1, 2007

Berbatov thanks for fans


By Mark Buckingham

Dimitar Berbatov has offered his gratitude to Tottenham Hotspur fans for their support during his first season at White Hart Lane.

The striker has scored 15 goals since arriving for over £10million from Bayer Leverkusen last summer and has looked a class act.

He has quickly become a fans' favourite in North London and produced a superb centre-forward display in Sunday's 4-1 win at home to Bolton Wanderers.

Berbatov is now hoping to reward the home support by scoring the goals which could propel Spurs to a trophy.

"I hope I can score for them in the future and entertain them because, although football is business, I try to do good things," said Berbatov.

"It's really enjoyable having support from the fans and they have been behind me from the first minute."

The Bulgarian's previous outing against Bolton was his first appearance in the Premiership and he feels he has progressed significantly since the 2-0 defeat in August.

He added: "My first game was an experience I'll never forget.

"It was not good and we lost, but it was a long time ago and things are different now, I've learnt a lot.

"Against Bolton this time, not only me, but everyone, showed that we are a great club with a great future and, if we carry on like that, we can achieve a lot."




Skysports.com

Labels:


Tottenham Hotspur Fan Club Gallery


Tottenham Hotspur Wallpaper




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish, he shall be goals for spurs.

March 1, 2007 at 4:07:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Edit by Google News