Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Mido says he’s ‘very proud’ to be part


28/02/2007 11:26:46

Mido says he’s ‘very proud’ to be part of what he describes as ‘one of the best forward lines in the league’ here at Spurs.


The Egyptian hitman agrees that our fantastic four – Dimitar Berbatov, Robbie Keane, Jermain Defoe and Mido himself – are in as good form both as a unit and individually as they have been all season.

Mido, hit recently by a nagging groin problem, has two goals in his last four appearances and set-up Robbie’s fantastic volleys in the FA Cup win at Fulham. In addition to those goals, Robbie bagged two against Bolton to make it four in three while Dimitar’s performance on his own following Robbie’s red card against Bolton won plaudits all-round. He has three in three and 15 this term. Jermain has 14 and enjoyed a spell of nine goals in nine starts earlier this season.

“I think we’ve done very well,” commented Mido on his fellow strikers. “It’s about ups and downs and it’s very emotional.

“I’m working very hard in training to try and prove that I deserve to play and every time I come on or start the game, I try to prove my point and it's the same with the other lads. We are all coping well and at the end of the day, the winner is Spurs.

“Here, if I’m not playing and Berba and Keano are playing, or Berba and Jermain, they will do the same job and if Berba isn’t playing, I will do the same job.

“Not many teams in England have strikers who can do that job to the same level.

“Bolton was one of Berba’s best games for Spurs. Robbie was fantastic before he was sent off and believe me, if Jermain is playing instead of Robbie, he will do the same. But it’s not just about goals and assists, it’s about how well we play.”

After a stop-start season, Mido is pleased with his form. “Yes, especially in training – I haven’t been training like I’m training at the moment, not since the start of the season. I feel fit as never before and that’s a good sign.

“The last couple of games have gone well for me, I scored against Southend, Arsenal and helped set up the goals against Fulham.

“My groin injury was very frustrating but it’s not a big problem and we still have plenty of games to go. I’m pleased with my form and I think the manager is happy as well - hopefully I will score more goals.”

by tottenhamhotspur.com

Labels:


Tottenham Hotspur Fan Club Gallery


Tottenham Hotspur Wallpaper




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home



Edit by Google News